IIT Madras invites Online applications for the recruitment of 01 System Administrator – IT Posts. This online facility will be available in the Official website @ https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ from 16.11.2023 to 30.11.2023.
IIT Madras Recruitment 2023 [Quick Summary]
|Organization Name:||Indian Institute Of Technology Madras|
|Notification No:||ICSR/PR/Advt.205/2023 Dated: 16/11/2023|
|Job Category:||Central Govt Jobs|
|Employment Type:||Contract Basis|
|Duration:||Initially for one year, later extendable based on the performance.|
|Total No of Vacancies:||01 System Administrator – IT Posts|
|Place of Posting:||Chennai|
Latest IIT Madras Vacancy Details:
IIT Madras Invites Applications for the Following Posts
|SI No||Name of Posts||No. of Posts|
|1.||System Administrator – IT||01|
|Qualification: Postgraduate / B. E / B. Tech /MCA / M. Sc – (CS) Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as system administrator.|
– Should have worked in Virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V), responsible for VMware vSphere environment setup.
– Performing build and deployment of Linux VM’s and Windows VM’s.
– Strong hands-on experience in creating and managing virtual machines and Vmhosts with Vcenter server and stand alone in VMware infrastructure and Windows Hyper-V environment.
– Should have strong OS experience skill on Linux server handling and knowledge on Redhat, Ubuntu & CentOS operating systems.
– Experience in installation and deploying ESX hosts, Vcenter server and handled migration of VM’s & physical server in both Windows and Linux platform.
– Experience in VM migration with Vmotion and migration with host and data stores & creating and managing snapshots.
– Experience in System, Server, and Network administration.
– Configure of Microsoft AD with DNS, DHCP, LDAP and IIS web application hosting etc.,
– Experience in handling security systems like Firewall, Antivirus and Backup.
– Setup and handle NAS storage devices
– Maintain backup of virtual machine, data base and application
– Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
– Knowledge in database handling MYSQL/MSSQL will be an added advantage.
– Co-ordinate with vendors for Infrastructure related issues and contract mgmt.
|1. System Administrator – IT – Rs. 30,000 to 50,000 per month (depending on skill level and experience)|
IIT Madras may follow the following process to select the candidates.
|1. Short Listing|
|2. Document Verification/ Test/ Interview|
How to apply:
Candidate(s) fulfilling all the above clearly laid down criteria will have to apply online only through the link on the IIT Madras website in the careers webpage under current openings section i.e. https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ from 16.11.2023 to 30.11.2023.
|Starting Date for Submission of Application||16.11.2023|
|Last date for Submission of Application||30.11.2023|
Official Notification & Application Link: